Portland’s longest running STREET FAIR
Hawthorne businesses are looking forward to hosting our community on Hawthorne Boulevard on August 17. The Boulevard will be closed from SE 30th to SE Cesar Chavez!!
Come dance in the streets at the Hawthorne District on Sunday, August 17 from 11 AM – 7 PM. For the first time in 31 years, Hawthorne will be closed from SE 30-38th Avenues. Event highlights include:
Main Stage Performers (SE 34th & Hawthorne)
- 11 AM – Portland School of Rock
- 1 PM – Xavier Tavera
- 2:30 PM – Woody Moran
- 4 PM – Kelly Brightwell
- 5:30 PM – Brothers of the Baladi
Featuring Cuban, blues, funk, rock and roll, Middle Eastern and the hardest working sound tech in the business, Martin John Gallagher, making sure you hear it all at its best. Sound reinforcement provided by Showcase Sound and Music.
Kids at Heart (3445 SE Hawthorne – back area parking lot)
11 AM – 4 PM Face painting, bubbles, sidewalk sale, Circus Cascadia activities, Do Jump stilt walkers, Little Wing musical art projects, PDX kids calendar photo booth and prize wheel, Kids at Heart gift certificate drawing
- 11 AM – Lorna Miller “Little Kids’ Jamboree” music
- 12 Noon – Penny’s Puppets puppet show
- 1 PM – Mr Ben ukulele music
- 3 PM – Olive Rootbeer and Dingo show
Beer Gardens – located outside Bazi Bierbrasserie (SE 32nd Ave & Hawthorne) with a live DJ and beer tastings, and at theEagles Lodge (SE 50th parking lot) with live bands during the course of the day. Both beer gardens are family and pet friendly, and are cash only.
- Fyberworks (4300 SE Hawthorne) – Kitchie Kitchie Kool Garage Sale
- One with Heart Tulen Center (4231 SE Hawthorne) – Martial arts demonstrations
- Sidewalk sales and special activities at Elements, Metro, Presents of Mind and other shops
- Local businesses will be joined by local folks selling their art, crafts and products, or sharing organizational information.
Transportation. Tri-Met Line 14 Bus Reroutes. Westbound reroutes on SE Stark between Cesar Chavez and SE 30th. Eastbound reroutes on SE Belmont between SE 30th and Cesar Chavez.
Parking. Due to street closure between SE 30-38th Ave along Hawthorne, guest are encouraged to bike, walk or take public transportation. Additional bike corrals will be found at the end of each closing intersection (SE 30th and SE 38th).
Most outdoor activities will be complimentary or cash only. Visit your local bank along Hawthorne or come prepared. For more information about the Street Fair visit www.thinkhawthorne.com.