The Lot at Zidell Yards, 3030 S. Moody Ave., is a new venue with a full stage, large format LED screen, sound system, and on-site food and beverages. They are presenting a number of summer shows with live music, movies and events. Most evening music begin at 6 pm. Movies begin at 7 pm.
Live music highlights this month:
• July 2-5, The Waterfront Blues Festival Upriver
• July 12-13, Live at The Lot: Summer Winds with Members of the Oregon Symphony
• Wednesday July 14, Liv Warfield – Alternative soul with a bit of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
• Friday July 16, Ural Thomas & The Pain – A man built out of rhythm and Portland’s pillar of soul.
• Saturday July 17, Y La Bamba (Two shows at 12:30 pm and 6 pm)– Songwriter Luz Elena Mendoza’s inquisitive storytelling packs a full emotional spectrum.
• Sunday, July 18, Portland Cello Project, Extreme Cello Summer Dance Party Extravaganza, Feat. Saeeda Wright, JANE, and Steven Bak
Movies this month:
Tuesday, July 20 – Labyrinth (PG) with music by Kyle Craft
Tuesday, July 27 – The Muppet Movie (G)
Wednesday, July 28 – Casablanca (PG) with music by Onry
Tuesday, August 3 – WALL-E (G)
See the complete schedule and purchase tickets at TheLotAtZidellYards.com.
Ural Thomas and The Pain photo by Alicia J. Rose