The In It Together Community Summit, is Saturday, February 28, at the Ambridge Center, 1333 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. from 8 am to 5 pm
Neighbors, friends, activists and community groups will work together to impact public policy, strengthen relationships, and build community and there’ll be workshops and seminars on issues impacting the city’s population.
Work Sessions on:
• Getting involved in local campaigns for change
• Planning and developing tools for organizing community projects
• Influencing growth and change in your neighborhood
• Addressing environmental impacts in your community
• Partnering with the City to resolve local crime and livability issues
• Exploring strategies for working with diverse cultures, ages, and abilities
• Learning and sharing advocacy and organizing skills
Presented by the City of Portland’s Office of Neighborhood Involvement and many volunteers and staff, the Summit is free. Registration is required for lunch. For more information and to register call 503.823.3093, or by e-mailing email@example.com or online www.portlandoregon.gov/oni/inittogether2015.
The Ambridge Center is accessible on the Green, Blue and Red Max lines, Central Loop Streetcar line and bus lines 6, 8, 17 and 77. The City of Portland will make reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities and those needing assistance with language interpretation and translation. Please notify us by Monday, Feb. 16 to request accommodations.